Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Look 6714


 Ok, so this week was indeed a hectic and crazy one!!! I'd planned on making the McCall skirt on my list but I ended up not being able to find the black cotton sateen I needed for the project. So by Friday night I knew I had to get started on a project if I wanted to have something made for this week. So I ran across this pattern and some fabric in my stash and cut it out Friday while watching the first episode of Project Runway and sewed it up on Saturday to wear for Sunday. And here is my new top!


 Pattern Description:
Misses Top
Pattern Sizing:
I used size 12
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Absolutely!!!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
They were super easy for the most part. Nothing tricky here!
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I loved the stylish look and hang of the top! It seemed really classy and trendy!!! I really didn't have any dislikes about the pattern. I was shocked that it had so many pieces to it though. At one glance at the pattern picture one might assume that it had less than 9 pieces (11 total since you have to cut 2 pieces out twice)! That wasn't a problem just a little surprising.
Fabric Used:
A matte jersey with a wonderful paisley print! I'm just wild about paisley:)

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I didn't make any. Since I was in a hurry to sew this one up I did contemplate omitting the interfacing and lining of the midsection and instead just serging all exposed seams. I figured that since the top was so flowy anyway that the extra body from interfaced midsection probably wasn't necessary. But I stuck with the pattern instructions and interfacing and self lining the midsection didn't slow me down too bad ---and in my opinion gave the blouse such a clean, nice finish.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Oh yes! I originally bought this pattern for another printed knit fabric. So I've still have to make that version. But I'd also like to try this in a pretty polyester print. So I think I might try this pattern a few more times.
Conclusion:
Great pattern!!!! I'm so happy I gave this one a try---it's indeed a keeper!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Victoria! You look great in your outfit! I commend you on your commitment to sew 10,000 hours! I know you'll make it. Keep up the good work...I just might join you on your quest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. It suits you very well. I wish I had more confidence handling knit fabric..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails