Thursday, February 23, 2012

Behind......... but moving forward!

I'm definitley here but I feel like my To-do list is just getting bigger and bigger!  I am behind in posting and definitely need to catch up. My next "Sewing Jots & Tittles" post will probably be crazy long. I'm attending a wedding on Saturday and need to sew up a quick dress. The Father Daughter Banquet is the week after next and although I have fabric for my daughter's dress I need to pick a pattern. I've got some alteration & home decor work to to finish for clients. I made a dress this week but can't decide if I like it or not (I'll do a post on it anyway). I need to update where I am in my monthly challenge. And the list goes on! Whew.....need to take a breather.

And to complicate things more, I have the INCESSANT URGE to purge my sewing room. I mean downsize patterns & fabric. Like clear it out and sale the excess! I love a good purge! I really do! I simplifies things so much. Maybe that's just what I need. I'll see if I can knock that out tomorrow and whip up a dress to wear to the wedding on Saturday. And I can spend the rest of the weekend organizing all of my other priorities.

Believe it or not, with all of this going on I don't feel stressed out a bit. I think the sewing room purge feels more like a treat instead of a chore. So I'm looking forward to it! Think I'll put on a movie (I have "The Help" & "The Ides of March" from Netflix) and clear the room out. Pretty much everything on my To-do list are things I like to do it's just a matter of getting them done. So wish me luck. I tend to work pretty well under pressure but we'll see. Hope I can conquer a good deal of this list before the week's end. I'll keep you posted.

How about you? How are you handling your "sewing load" these days?

8 comments:

  1. A good clean-out in the sewing room does put things into perspective. Personally, I find that excess clutter just makes me anxious and gets in the way of getting real work done. Good luck! Your to-do list seems almost impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with it all! I love a good clear out too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I'm afraid you don't have that market cornered on being behind my friend!!! I've been behind for sometime and just can't seem to correct it! Funny thing is, my husband told me we women worry about it too much and need to just do what we can when we can and let everything else go. I told him...spoken like a true man and he needs to walk in my shoes for a few days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on the purge. It just HAS to be done every once in a while. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I'd be interested in hearing about how you purge fabric. I don't have a problem ditching patterns but it's the fabric that ijustcan'tletgo...

    I've been forcing myself to go through my stash, pull a piece of fabric from it and then find a pattern for it, or use it as muslin for new projects. It's amazing to me how much I've squirrelled away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Irene, I'm hoping this doesn't turn out to be an impossible mission (smile).

    Thanks Karin!

    Myra, LOL! It's nice to know I'm in good company. It is always funny how men tend to worry less about todo lists. My hubby is the same way. Hey out of the two of us, someone needs to keep it together (smile).

    Thanks Elaray!!!

    Mel, I totally understand. I used to have the same problem and I think I turned 30 a few years back and things changed. I'm just tired of having fabric EVERYWHERE. It makes other pieces of fabric harder to find. Plus there's no way in the world I'll be able to use it all anyway. So might as well prioritize. But I do plan on saving some for muslins. You're right, it's always good to have that:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am just a returning sewer and the STUFF are piling up already. I am trying hard not to over-expand my stash, like it happened with knitting yarn. I hope...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always smile when I see the statement "A messy desk is the sign of a creative mind" Nothing could be further from the truth for me. I love to clear out the stuff-it leaves space for ideas to flow. Plus, someone else who needs the stuff will appreciate it more than I. Have fun with everything on your list-it really does look a bit overwhelming to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails