Friday, July 6, 2012

May / June 2012 10,000 Hour Challenge goals & July/ August Plans

Happy July Everyone!!! I don't even know where June went. Can't believe the year is half over with!!! Well I've just completed my May & June Sewing challenge months and want to recap them and move into the July & August goals.

Unfortunately I don't have much finished projects to show for myself for May & June since I spent most of May planning & starting sewing projects and doing client work. I managed to churn out 4 projects in June and have 2 still in the queue that I didn't finish up on time. I did alot of sewing but didn't finish everything. One of my biggest problems was dragging my feet on projects that were nearly finished. At one point I had 3 projects that were one step away from being finished. That's ridiculous!!! I guess I didn't realize how much I really wasn't excited about doing bias bindings on necklines and armholes, particularly in the 2 tank dresses I finished. But despite being somewhat slowful, I have to admit that I LOVE the dresses that I made in June. I mean, love, love, love them. I've been getting to much wear out of my tank dresses. Here they are.....





I hope to be really productive for July and August----getting much more sewing in.  In July I hope to continue the sewing some of the garments I mentioned in my MAY post and will make other arrangements for August.. I'm also attending a wedding in a few weeks and plan to make a dress out of this fabric. I love it and am thinking about making a strapless number.


I have a dress to make for a young client so that's also on the agenda for July & August. So I'll keep you posted on that. Plus I'm planning on some other surprises which I'll reveal later. All in all, I'm striving to make the next couple of months productive one's. Well I've got some family visiting for the July 4th weekend so tomorrow I think I'm off to the beach for a little R&R. I'll be sure to bring some sewing projects to aid with that! Hope you all are enjoying your July 4th weekend;)

9 comments:

  1. You finished four dresses! Woo-hoo... that's very productive in my opinion:) I like all of your dresses. I think the two shorter dresses are very cute and summery. The maxi dresses are very pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering what B5638 would look like made up in the real - I really love the effect of the ruffle around the front panel! Love it in red too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your dresses! I just started sewing up my own maxis today, I can't believe how much wear I can get out of them, and they are sooo easy to make! Oh and the dresses from the swap? All done, been wearing them like mad lol!! Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice wrap up! Can't wait to see what's coming in July! Hope you enjoyed your 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your dresses looks great! I've read Outliers recently - what a great book! Love your blog concept. Good luck on your 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot decide which of the dresses I love the most. You are so gorgeous in them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping your July 4th was an enjoyable one. Four dresses is impressive and like all of them. Looking forward to what you have in store for July & August.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think four projects in one month is pretty good especially since you have clients. You've got yourself some cute stuff here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Four projects in one month is AWESOME!!! I love all of the dresses! I agree with Mary, I don't know if I can decide on which I love most:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails