Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sewing Jots & Tittles 9.8.12

 Sewing Jots & Tittle is my weekly to bi-weekly post of some of my random sewing & non-sewing thoughts & observations!!!! You're welcome to take a peek......

Sewing Related.......
This wrap dress pattern would drive me insane! The waist ties are miles long!!! The effect is cute but I'd be scared they'd get loose and get stuck in an elevator door etc.

Oh, I wish I knew how to sew when I got married. My veil was $90. Ridiculous. That would have been an easy project!!!!

Picked up this cute knit top at a thrift store for $3.50. It has lots of knit fabric strips sewn diagonally across it.  I later saw the same fabric at Jo-Ann's. I may need to make another one!!!




My kind of fashion mag!!! I like to keep my fashions real simple!

Guess who's been sketching. I've been doing it for a while. It's about time I bought a pad!

Teaching myself the in's and out's of making cute bags.  I've been wanting this book for quite some time.


NON-SEWING.................

 On August 26th my "Wee-One" had her 5th bday and.....

 started Kindergarten the next day. She's growing up so fast!


 Hilarious doll accessories!

 Yup, this is how we roll! She's get entertained & I can concentrate. Love a portable DVD player. Grocery shopping is a cinch!

Do you see that speed bump? Yeah neither did I when I sped over it. Who re-paves the road & forgets to paint the speed bump yellow???? Grrrrrr! 


During my Sewing Staycation at the end of August I became a big fan of the Original House of Pancakes! Their gluten free pancakes are marvelous!

I LOVE mimicry in nature. This grasshopper looks like a leaf! What a riot!

The answer to my Hubby is "no I can't have enough kitchen gadgets"! Boy I want this one!

For me this is the scariest part of visiting Wal-Mart. I have the worst luck for picking the most dilapidated shopping cart!!!



Did a little worm watching with the Wee-One. One of the best parts of a hard rain!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your little girl! She looks so cute in her kindergarden picture.
    I agree about the wrap dress. I thought the long ties would be a pain to cut out and possibly complicated to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wrap dress, but I agree it looks like a pain.

    I wish my parents would have told me how much my veils.cost. $200! There is no way I wouldn't have made them myself. I did know how to sew.

    Love the white top, and happy birthday to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your daughter is growing up!!! So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your little wee one. It looks like you had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your daughter is beautiful! Just like you! That cute ruffled fabric? I'll let you in on a secret. Cut a 1/4 yard of that stuff and you have a ruffled scarf. (I learned this from a local store). It's a no sew project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww look at the wee-one... Adorable.

    I love wrap dresses and, yes the straps can be ridiculously long, but can always be shortened.

    Don't feel bad about dilapidated walmart carts, I avoid them and just grab a stop & shop and head on into walmart....lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails