Thursday, February 19, 2015

I NEED A COCKTAIL DRESS IN 30 Hours!!!

Oh, it's the story of my life. I am a donating  a couple of gorgeous Infinity scarves for the Blueprint Pageant  Southern Belles and Cocktails Networking Event. They will be featured in the Silent Auction to raise scholarship money for the pageant and it totally slipped my mind that it's a cocktail/networking event and I would need something somewhat "swanky" to wear. I'm so appreciate to be apart of this event since the Blueprint Pageant under the leadership of Rowena Howell is a wonderful Pageant/Finishing School dedicated to the enrichment and development of young ladies! Being the Mom of a young lady myself I really resonate with her vision. Anyhow between client work, designing/sewing a dress for my daughter to wear to next week's Father/Daughter Banquet and my own Fearless February sewing goals I've got lots on my plate. I think I'm gonna play this one pretty cool. I pulled out this gorgeous black and silver metallic ponteroma knit I had in my stash and will transform it into the perfect little cocktail dress number. The print is perfect--not too overpowering and it has just enough sparkle to it. Since the print is a statement piece I think I will go with a rather simple design. I'll let the print speak for itself. Ok, keep your fingers and toes crossed for me. Hope to report back with a finished product tomorrow....
 

5 comments:

  1. I love how you have something in your stash that you can use to whip something up. You'll do great, I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 hours yep that is quick LOL.... however, I am quite sure you will make the deadline and with something stunning no less!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, Spill! What patterns are you considering??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your energy and talent! Your posts always make me smile. The dress will be a knockout. Good luck getting it all done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails