Sunday, July 12, 2015

NewLook 6185---The "Cute" Fashion Show Dress

In the end it was the "cute" dress that won out over a sexy one. I couldn't help it. I was done as soon as I saw the pattern LOL! I LOVE the look of this pattern and like the final look of the dress although I wish I'd gone with another fabric. But with so little time and fabric options it is what it is. But this pattern is great and I can definitely see myself making a couple more version of this dress. I cut the size 10 for my bodice and graded to a 14 for my hips. I ommitted the pockets. It took around 4 hours to assemble. Again very cute. Now I must admit I was a little bit out of my element at the Fashion show. Majority of the Women's fashion there was a bit more risque so I definitely tipped the scales in the opposite direction! LOL But all in all I enjoyed the fashion show and supporting other talented people. It's cool to see other's styles and artistry. I tried to take pics but the lighting made it difficult to do. But it was definitely an exciting show!


(Without my photographer (aka Hubby). Only decent pic of the night in a bathroom with outdated wallpaper and bad decor. Definitely makes the dress stand out LOL On another note I LOVE my shoes---one of my fave's)





(Another view. Loved the neckline and sleeves on this dress)

(Here's the pattern. Would definitely like to make again :))

The Fashion show was definitely a much needed little break from the business (the self-employed are always working) but it's time to get back. Just finished a dress up for a client and working on an ivory gown for another. Details and pics soon......

9 comments:

  1. Great choice, I think! I recently made the shorter sleeve version for myself in black. I wish I had chosen a knit. But I used a semi stretch fabric instead. I be using it again, soon ,for a client...love this pattern! You wear it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice, I think! I recently made the shorter sleeve version for myself in black. I wish I had chosen a knit. But I used a semi stretch fabric instead. I be using it again, soon ,for a client...love this pattern! You wear it well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your very cute and pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress, love it with your choice of shoes, and am sure it was perfect for attending the fashion show. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great in the dress and I like the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the fantastic fabric really lifts a simple dress to a great dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these sewing patterns! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails